10 January, 2006

The Return: 3 days and counting

I'm so excited to go back to the burg!!!

Not because I'll be in the burg, but I digress...

I'm so excited! Every semester proves to bring new surprises and be completely different. What will this semester bring? For that matter, what the heck will April bring? Usually I have a month-by-month idea of what my semester will be like due to shows and trips and such...but this time, there is no show in April, so what the heck will be going on?!?


Time will tell.


Here's what I know will be going on this semester for me, for sure:
  • Pirates of Penzance (the first two weekends of school)
  • A Valentine's Day worth celebrating (heck yes...)
  • Watching Josh steal hearts in "Into the Woods"
  • Learning alongside Mel
  • Hanging out with Jenn (for it is her last semester in Lynchburg)
  • Hanging out with my sister (for it is her last semester unmarried)
  • Voice Lessons
  • Acting Class
  • Auditioning at the Southeastern Theater Conference (for over 100 companies, yowza) which segues into the next thing...
  • Taking a trip to Orlando with 10 or so of my friends to go to SETC
  • Spring Break in NYC
  • A trip back to the Nash for my dad's 20th anniversary at our church (falwell's gonna come too i think...maybe we'll carpool...whoot.)
  • Taking a magazine writing class...which hopefully will help me determine if I'd ever want to do that for a living
  • Turning 21

Hopefully this semester will include the following: deepening relationships with those important to me, lots of learning and growing, GREAT grades, more money, improved acting chops, and an abundance of traveling.

Let adventure part 6 begin....

4 comments:

gwynne said...

woo-hoo for adventures and spring semesters and fun times!!!

I'm excited to go back to the burg too!

Joshua Longbrake said...

i miss l-burg.

Heather said...

LOVE it.

John C. said...

You know the Alanis M. song, "You Learn"? I think it's about you. Some people exist through hard times without searching for lessons. Not you though. You really do analyze and learn no matter the situation. (You might say that...... you rebel against your own indifference? Perhaps?) How does it feel to have mastered on of the defining characteristics of a human being? (Awareness of self and the mastery of self.)

Personally, I say it's lucky for us that you blog your findings. When you discover the fountain of youth, calculate the quantity of pi, and ponder space/time relativity, I'll be reading.. Was that over dramatic? Nah. It's Hilary Sutton.