17 April, 2007

Hope Beyond Here

Tonight I went to the Chamber Singers spring concert. It was nothing short of heavenly. I worshipped more in that hour-long concert than I have in a church gathering in quite some time. In between each song someone in the choir read a verse (or verses) of scripture out loud that pertained to the lyrics in the song. The voices and sounds that resonated through Pate Chapel were more beautiful to my ears than anything I've heard in a very long time. It made me think, just as I was astounded and moved today by the sound of beautiful voices singing and the sound of scripture being read aloud, how much more will I be astounded by the sights and sounds of Heaven. For Believers...let us never grow comfortable here...it's not our home. With so great a loss of life in the past week...how can we not be sober and vigilant and reminded of the brevity of life.

Psalm 130
Out of the depths I call to You, Lord!
Lord, listen to my voice;
let Your ears be attentive to my cry for help.
Lord, if You considered sins,
Lord, who could stand?
But with You there is forgiveness,
so that You may be revered.

I wait for the Lord; I wait,
and put my hope in His word,
I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning--
more than watchmen for the morning.

Israel, put your hope in the Lord.
For there is is faithful love with the Lord,
and with Him is redemption in abundance.
And He will redeem Israel from all its sins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.