01 April, 2010

this 'n that. just sayin hey...

Hey! Know what I haven’t done lately? Blogged. Know why? I’m not really sure. The scenario is that I’ve been performing in the Sound of Music for about 3 weeks now. It’s been a busy time including going back to Nashville for Bonnie’s wedding and taking a couple of quick trips to Lynchburg and Washington DC. But I don’t think that’s why I haven’t gotten around to blogging. I aaaactually think it’s because I live in a house with 10 people. And I work with them. And I’m just rarely alone. I don’t have a lot of time to be contemplative. And if I did have things to say they might be analytical thoughts about psychology and relationships and my hangups with the "actor's life." The problem with that is then I’m blogging about people. And that’s not a good idea. And actually I just haven’t been using my computer quite as much as when I lived in Nashville or Lynchburg. And I guess I wrote more in NYC because I had NYC to write about. Cha know?

Anyhow.

I’m loving life here in the Sound of Music world. Unfortunately the show closes a month from tomorrow and then I’m back to square one. (PLEASE COME SEE IT BEFORE THEN!!!!!!) Such is the life of the actor. Within this cast I’ve actually made some amazingly deep connections. I foresee these friendships persisting far beyond the end of this contract.

I’ve had to make a conscious effort to keep reading at the rate I did when I had far fewer roommates. (For an extrovert like me, having the opportunity to hang out with people 24/7 means 19 times out of 20 I’m hanging out with people.) I’ve just begun “The Prodigal God” by Tim Keller. So far I love it and will have more comments after I’ve read more than a chapter and a half.

So I turn 25 next week. I really like the sound of 25. So far 2010 has been a great year. I foresee it getting better and better. By the way, apparently I play 16 pretty convincingly. I got hit on by a 17-year-old after one of the performances. I said “I’m older than I look.” What is age really? If people can believe that I’m 16? And I’m really 25? I mean. The 20’s are weird in and of themselves. Post-college expectations vs. reality… But then to walk on stage and virtually erase 9 years of life? No conclusive thoughts on that…just odd. Aging. Growing up. Getting older and but looking (pretty much) the same. Weird.

1 comment:

LC² said...

You were just as beautiful at 25 as you were at 16 and maybe even a little hotter ;) Thanks for catching me up on your contemplations (or lack there of). Love you!