05 April, 2005

Teens vs. Twenties...I'm Feeling So Young Right About Now

So today is my last day of being a “teenager”. 20’s sounds likes an adult. When do things shift from being fun and young to being…adult? Is it when you graduate college? Are involved in a serious relationship? Spend more time in your college town than your hometown? I’m not trying to over dramatize this turning 20 thing…its actually weird, I didn’t think I would really even notice…but being a teenager was always the thing that I wanted...before it happened…and now its almost over…not that my life will be any different tomorrow than it is today of course…but my overall experience with the teen years definitely comfirms my overwhelming suspicion that you think life is going to be a certain way…and most often, it’s just not. It may not be fabulously better or horribly worse, but the little idea that you have about the future, most often is wrong. So I guess all we can do is not make expectations. Live life one day at a time, and enjoy the blessings of the present. So today I’m gonna rock 19 hardcore…and tomorrow I’ll start to rock the 20’s…until then…I guess I should go sneak into a rated R movie or go hang out at the mall or something…

2 comments:

John C. said...

Happy Birthday Hilary! :)
John

Anonymous said...

In my experience, I became an adult when I was done with college and grad school, living on my own, away from my friends. Hard adjustment.