10 April, 2006

21...And Becoming Seasoned...or something...

So the birthday festivities went smashing-ly.
Who knew that turning 21 would really affect how old I felt?
It certainly has. I do feel older.
Makes me really wish my boyfriend's birthday would hurry up and get here...
19+21 is just awkward.
Well it is for me.
Anyways, if you're reading this and have a chance to say a quick prayer on behalf of my summer plans I'd really appreciate it!
I am in the process of choosing between a carefree summer at home or a musical theater filled summer in Pigeon Forge.
What to do...what to do...
Last night I went to T-Road to hear Dr. Caner speak about why he is not a "hyper-calivinist." It was a great sermon. I think I'm really starting to understand the difference between calvinism and armenianism and I think I understand and agree with aspects of both. But here's what I have come to believe as truth: God has all foreknowledge (He knows what's gonna happen, and what I'm gonna choose, simply because He knows ME) and yet He has given me all the free will and choice in the world; so i have the final say on whether I will commit my life to Him and believe what He says is true. (btw I've done that)
So there ya have it...Hil's theological thought of the day. :-)
Only one more month and then its summa time...and that sounds great to me.

Currently Reading:
"Patriarchs" by Beth Moore
The Bible
"An Actor Prepares" by Stanislavski
My Smoke On the Mountain script (show opens 2 weeks from Friday)
Also Currently Enjoying:
My new be-a-u-tiful leather bound journal. I love it I love it I love it.

I think I'm going to get a subscription to Writer's Digest.
I read it the other day and it had some amazing good advice and some inspiring quotes.
And we all know how I feel about quotes...
(i love them)
Angela Hunt spoke in my magazine class on Friday. She talked about how she first got into freelance writing b/c she wanted a job she could do while her kids napped in the afternoon. I mean, that sure does sound convenient...
Not that I have kids, but at some point I would love to...so sign me up.

If you called me on my birthday THANK YOU! (Especially you Shaunna, I do love you. I do I do.)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hilary,

Glad you had such fun this 21st b.day weekend! Welcome to adulthood!!!!

Anonymous said...

21?!? are you kidding me?!? so hard to believe! happy bday, hil! i love coming and reading your blogs... kinda like i get to keep up with you from afar. praying that you are led to the right decision for this summer-and that the outcome of those months is greatly beneficial!

oh, and reader's digest is quite possibly the greatest monthly publication known to man... i'm a devoted subscriber myself! and i've always thought about doing freelance too-when i have kids. sounds like a great plan, huh?

love you, girl. miss your face!

Anonymous said...

awww...thanks! i am confident that God will order your steps for the summer! btw...you're in good company with another "older woman"! it's not so bad!!! love you!!!