20 April, 2006

Fixin' To Rain

Summer Job Here I Come!

So I went for it.

I committed to a summer job last week.

I will be performing in a professional theater setting in Pigeon Forge, TN, in a show called “Fixin’ to Rain” at the Governor’s Palace Theater!
We start rehearsals 2 days after graduation.
It’s gonna be a doozy.

So week of finals will go something like this:
Monday-1 final
Tuesday and Wednesday-No finals
Thursday-2 finals and drive alllll the way to Nashville (500 miles)
Friday-Morning fly to Orlando, go to wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
Saturday-My friend Heather’s wedding where I’m singing an original song (I’ve still yet to write it,but don't worry heather :-)
Sunday-Fly back to Nashville from Orlando, drive 3 hours to Pigeon Forge, watch a performance of Fixin’ to Rain
Monday-Start rehearsals at 9 AM
10 Days Later…Start performing the show!!

Sound crazy?
Sure.
Sound exciting?
Definitely.

This summer is gonna be great. I have about 7 or 8 friends from here at Liberty that will be at the theater all summer with me. I’ll be working from May 14th-July 31st. Then I’ll have about 3 weeks before we get back to school. I’m so excited!! This summer is gonna be a great test drive for professional theater. I’m gonna find out if I still love doing shows after I’ve done the same one about 50 times. I’ll keep you posted… So for the next month my goal is to finish well in classes. 1 week from tomorrow our show “Smoke On the Mountain” opens. Things are crazy right now but I love it!

1 comment:

Kate! said...

Hey girl! I was thinking about you the other day. I was playing guitar and I remembered that song you sang for graduation- it was incredible. God has really blessed you with a beautiful voice and a gift to speak truth to people through music in a way that they can relate. Do you know what you want to do after Liberty? I'm actually thinking about going to Southwestern Seminary (in Ft.Worth) to get my M.A.C.E degree. Anyways, I hope the rest of your semester is incredible!