13 May, 2006

Greetings from Ocala, Florida

First thought on my mind: I want to the best me I can be without feeling obligated to prove myself to anyone.
Second: I should really go to bed. I have to get up for a flight at 7...
Third: Is my bed tomorrow night gonna be comfy? I'm living in a church-owned old motel. I should pray that I get enough sleep and that it doesn't make my neck sore.
Fourth: I can't believe I actually finished that song for today. My friend Heather got married today and requested that I write a song to sing at the wedding. Without ever hearing it, Heather put my name on the program and trusted me with a portion of her wedding. I finished it today...about 2 hours before the wedding. Here are the lyrics:

You Are the Love of My Life
5.13.06

Vs. 1.
We started out as simply friends
Didn’t think it would be more
But now today we join our lives
This is the day we have waited for

Ch:
And Now I stand here
Gazing at you
I scarcely believe my eyes
After all of this time
Today
I am yours and you are mine

2nd ending: You are the love of my life

Vs. 2
This is a love that some dream about
This is a life that we will share
This is more than a feeling
But a commitment
To serve and care

Bridge:
Generations have come before
And we will not be the last
And now we come before God’s throne
Requesting to be blessed

Fifth: It really is wild to think about when you're in college and you meet hundreds and hundreds of new members of the opposite sex that at some point you will choose one.

Just one.

Not that the others are faulty, or that it couldn't possibly work out, but at some point you choose one. One best friend of the opposite sex. One person to be romantic with. To live with. To have children with.

To share life with.

Daunting, no?

And yet so amazing. Marriage is an incredible concept. And one most people on earth have the opportunity to experience. Our God is indeed amazing in his intricate plan of habitating the world and creating community and fellowship. I am so blessed to get to take part. And you know what else? I'm so glad the whole choosing a mate thing isn't completely up to me. I know God knows me better than I do. And I'm trusting Him to work out the details.

Trusting in God is indeed a peaceful place.
Can I get an amen?

No comments: