03 June, 2006

from the wedding singer/hoedown dancer

Hello friends and faithful readers,

I know it’s kind of weird for me to not post something-I mean anything in over 3 weeks, but this has been one of the most unique sets of 3 weeks in my life. Since Mother’s Day I’ve been on lock down at the Governor’s Palace Theater in Pigeon Forge, TN where I learned a show in 9 days and was promptly thrown into the professional theater setting. It has been crazy. And hard. And fun. And challenging. It’s been good folks.
But I don’t really want to take the time right now to tell you all about it, for you see, I’m currently in Nashville for a ridiculously short weekend to spend time with the ones I love. I did however want to post some great lyrics that perhaps you’ve heard before…
Basically, throughout the past year or so I’ve evolved into the quintessential wedding singer. I mean, I’ve been asked to sing at quite a few weddings. The next one is Britney Barkley and Adam Swor’s. They are getting married next Friday night. Britney is one of my oldest friends. I have memories of being friends with Britney since we were approximately 4 or 5 years old.

I love friendships like that. Aren’t they a bit irreplaceable?

Anyway, she asked me to sing a pretty typical wedding song, “I Will Be Here” by Steven Curtis Chapman. I just downloaded the lyrics because I’m gonna need to learn them in the next few days. And they are really quite profound. I’m learning a lot about love these days. It’s so much more than a feeling…

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
and the sun does not appear
I will be here
If in the dark, we lose sight of love
Hold my hand, and have no fear
'Cause I will be here

I will be here
When you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here

When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together
I will be here

Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I will be here

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hil!

And what a perfect little wedding singer you have turned out to be :) I can't wait to see the dvd, so I can really hear you and appreciate your beautiful voice in our wedding ceremony. I love you!!

HL

Joshua Longbrake said...

i like it when you write, even if it is few and far between.