14 November, 2006

It's getting about time...

The closer I get to graduating from college the more I have this deep need/desire/hunger/longing to do certain things. Among them:



TRAVEL.

I really, really need to walk the streets of London and Paris, and eventually South Africa. I can settle with Europe as a start. I watch the travel channel and can’t believe I’ve never seen these places with my own eyes. It’s getting about time to go…



PERFORM—PROFESSIONALLY. (OR ATLEAST SHOW UP AT SOME AUDITIONS.)

I’m really ready to see if I have what it takes to perform in musicals and see if anyone is willing to pay me to do it. I’m not sure if they will…since I’ve never tried, how would I know? But I do know that the judges at VTA see some kind of casting potential…and I got callbacks from 8 companies last year at SETC…and I feel like I’ve honed my skills a great deal over the last year…ah! I want to try! It’s getting about time to try…



HAVE A FAMILY.

Ok, ok, this is more on the backburner, since it is #3 on the list and all. But I do so desperately want to be a mom. I know that may sound trite…but there are so many aspects of life that will be deeply fulfilling when I’m a wife and a mother. I know in committing to marriage and parenthood I’ll be giving up a lot of freedom but It’s getting about time to begin thinking like someone less selfish…




READ AND WRITE WHAT I WANT.

The more I do journalism/public relations style writing the more I like it. But I am so excited for the day when these are no longer homework assignments. What will I write when I no longer get a grade for it? And will someone want to hire me because they like the way I write? Who can say. It’s about time to see…








And, do all these for the glory of God, where true fulfillment abounds.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hilary -

Indeed ... you are on the brink! I am so excited for all the plans that I know God has for you. Your "It's getting that time" list looks a lot like mine ... all except the singing/performing part - yeeeikes. No one would want that on my list! ;)

Love you,

HLB

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't believe you're so close to moving to the next season of your life. What a sweet time!!! I miss you, my friend! We need to catch up soon!!!

Anonymous said...

i hope you got my messages last weekend. maybe another time soon, friend. i'd really like to catch up.
hope you are having a great thanksgiving. it sure is weird to be sitting in a cafe in vancouver instead of being home with the family!