13 October, 2009

Paper cuts may be the death of me...

Today I am spending my time at an undisclosed location. Picture white walls, Windows 2000 & paper clips. That's right...the new 9-5! Except j/k. It's more like 7:30-5.

Ouchie.

Maybe because it's Columbus Day or maybe because I-have-no-idea it's quite quiet here. This is day 5 on the job and I think I'm getting the hang of it. The only thing I'm not catching on to is the early to bed early to rise portion of my daily duties. I'll only say it once:

WHY DO WE ALL GET UP AND GO TO WORK WHEN IT'S STILL DARK?!?!? IT'S UNNATURAL!!!!!



That feels better.

I work at a folksy family-owned printing and marketing franchise with approximately 7.5 other people (one guy isn't here half the time.) [but really it would also be cool to work with a 1/2 person. Bet he'd be quiet. Or wouldn't take too many bathroom breaks.]

I work with 2 graphic designers. One is a big-haired southern girl who has 25 lizards and enjoys perusing "Backyard Poultry" during lunch breaks. The other is a Queens native and former manager of "female dancers." (He just told me today!)

Other noteworthies:

I learned how to shrink wrap! Did you know that shrinker gun gets up to 5000 degrees? That is burn your phalanges off hot, my friend.

Also the big news at the office last week was the new copier. Said copier will run you about $70k. WHAT? I mean, charge it?

One more for the cheap seats in the back:
While filing today I noticed a "business" card with a photo of a man in a shower with a logo of a bear printed on it. I guess all kinds of services have their marketing needs...oy. Who knew I would be more shocked at the printing company than I ever was in the theatre? Oh surprises...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Hil I love your sense of humor- I pulled an actual "LOL" when you mentioned your Half of a Co-worker. I get this funny visual of you observing everyone and narrating this blog in your head as you watch them. and im not sure why people go to work when its still dark- they should go as the sun is rising- that would be so much more uplifting for the day! keep it up, you make me think and laugh :-)