19 October, 2009

Well, that was short-lived.

Never mind about the 9-5. I had an awkwardly surprising discussion on Friday in which I was told that they no longer needed me. They’d be replacing me with someone who got laid off from a similar company who has more experience. They also think that my skills and brain are equipped for far more than what the position demands.

I wanted to tell them I was thinking it’d just be temporary too but I don’t think that’s exactly what you tell an employer.

So anyway…

I’m lucky enough that I have other work situations that are panning out presently and I even have a princess party scheduled for this week so things are still rolling along. Not without surprises though! Like today when my car rolled to a stop. I learned in that moment that the light that comes on when I’m low on gas is no longer functioning. I’m just blessed a car that has 175,000 miles on it still works at all. ☺

Additionally I am preparing for changes in life that I am very much looking forward to. Going back to school is pretty much a done deal and I am aching for the knowledge that is coming my way. In the mean time I am attempting to be intentional about making these months in Nashville memorable and make sure the memories of them don’t seep into one big runny not really recallable memory.

Nashville is beautiful right now and I am earnestly thankful to live amidst these four seasons. Something about fall reminds me that I deeply believe in intelligent design. It also reminds me that change is not some strange occurrence but it’s such an intrinsic part of life it’s even exemplified in nature. After summer must come fall. And you can’t get spring without winter. Change is for the best. It is down right healthy.


(Central Park's leaves are changing without me. I hate that!)

2 comments:

This Way to Joy said...

Personally, I love change. "To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."

You are confident.
Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

So glad when I hear others love change as well. I love it so much, its part of the reason I need to live in a 4 season enviornment. The way I see it, it all happens for a reason, and the Universe is just telling you to focus on school, which i think is great! (Ummm princess part?! )

Indeed Central Park leaves are changing without you, but enjoy the moment you have now in Nashville. As much as Melissa and I selfishly want you back here, I know you are doing what you love and are where you need to be. (just make sure to visit :-)
xx
conormissesyoualotLeslie