19 February, 2010

Hi!

So today is Friday and rehearsals begin Monday! As Sondheim put so perfectly in a scenario like this I’m “excited AND scared.” It’s been a while since I did a show. It’s been a never since I did a show with this collection of people. I hope they like me! I hope they’re talented! I hope the housing is not roach infested!

I’ve made perhaps a not-good move. I’ve started 2 books simultaneously. This choice does not lend itself to finishing either. (Ask Leslie.) And I was just given a 3rd that I’m interested in too. I have a feeling that after the show opens I’ll have all the time in the world. (Wytheville is no booming metropolis. Although they do have a Starbucks. And a Sheetz.) So on my to read list is:



and



I’ve started both and they are GREAT. More to come later.

Meanwhile I have to tell you that I (finally!!) saw the Princess and the Frog—the new animated movie by Walt Disney Studios. I love love loved it. And by that I mean, it was no lionkinglittlemermaidbeauty&thebeastaladdincinderella. BUT! It was every bit as witty as anything Pixar has released in the past 10 years. And the animation was beautiful and the music was fun. But more than any of that it was heartwarming major! (As Posh would say.) I involuntarily let out an “Aww!!” multiple times throughout the flick. I do wish the romantic leads had a duet. (They needed one.) But Anika Noni Rose (who we know from Caroline or Change and Dreamgirls) sings beautifully in this hopeful little ditty. Ps, who doesn’t love an animated picture that has Oprah in it?! That’s what I thought.



PS, can I get a head count of who is ridiculously OVER this winter weather? I think one winter in Florida ruined me for winter forever. COME ON SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Shaunna said...

You will be fabulous! Have fun & soak it all in!!! Enjoy each moment as it comes- so excited for you!!!