27 July, 2006

One of My Favorite Things

Have you ever finished a catch-up (or any type) conversation with a friend on the phone, only to have your spirits lifted, like a feeling of happiness transported itself from friend on the other end of the phone through the tricky phone line and airwaves (or whatever...) into your own soul?
That was totally me last night.

I talked to my friend Aaron last night (see link ‘aaron bennett’ over there….) and we talked about all kinds of stuff. Friends, relationships, futures, figuring things out, past experiences, dreams…etc etc.

And when I hung up the phone, I just felt better about life. Better about everything. It’s so great to hang out with (or talk to) those friends that sharpen your lenses of clarity a bit more. People who are seeking after Jesus, and really living by faith in Him. Aaron also pointed out to me that in regards to me in a relationship there are two key elements that can’t be missing: I have to be challenged, and he’s got to make me laugh. One without the other just won’t work.

I really thank God for friendships like Aaron’s. I want to be purposeful in investing in those this year at school. Since it’s feasibly my last at Liberty…I guess this is me making it a point to have a real conversation (at least one, heh) with each person that I spend any length of social time with regularly. I’m not making up a rule for myself or anything…just a beneficial idea…

I have some rules though that I think I’m gonna perhaps lay to rest awhile. These are just personal rules…not black-and-white straight from Exodus type rules. I think I’m gonna experiment with going-with-my-gut and living freely. Or something…That’s inspired by Aaron too…and a tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site