18 July, 2005

I'm an....otter?

So today for class our homework was to take a personality test that would tell us which personality we indeed have. I guess the purpose was to discover personality differences and gender differences and act accordingly in marriage...since I'm in a marriage class.
I don't know if I was in a funny mood or if the test was weird but I scored EXTREMELY otter. And please tell me if you think I'm being unreasonable by saying that this may not describe me to a T. Here's what it says:

"Poised, confident, persuasive and impressive are descriptors of you. You are usually capable of speaking in a comfortable manner. You could use help in controlling emotions--showing less impulsive reactions; less talk and more action. As the group size increases, you may become louder. You want to make sure everyone has a good time and enjoys themselves. As a result, you may appoint yourself entertainment chairperson. You tend to be fluent and verbal. You like to verbalize and to participate with everyone."

Ok, so yeah...maybe most of that describes me, but where is the balance?? Where is the "You like deep, analytical conversations. You like some alone time. You like structure to get work done." It's not there...so I've decided that they can't put this otter in a box. I refuse to be lumped into one of four categories. So I'm fighting back! I'm rebelling! Which according to this test, otters tend to do...dang it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hil- I started laughing out loud reading that description... so hilariously you!!!

~Ash~

Jeffrey said...

ha ha ha...sorry hil, the otter does describe many (but by no means all) facets of you. I see ya as a good mix of an otter/golden with a little bit of beaver creativity and order thrown in there myself. But then again, I totally feel (and share) your desire for boxlessness!! Screw the profiles! Lead the revolution!...dang I must be an otter too.