24 September, 2008

The little things...

It has been a number of months since I had the fiscal flexibility to buy extras. It's been a choice based on my values. When I decide I want something to work I make it work. If I want to travel I figure out how to afford it. Because of that kind of mentality I had to trim some less important things. Now I'm back at home (where expenses are minimal) and now I have the money to not only save, go out to eat as well as see a movie (these 2 were mutually exclusive for awhile). But I can also afford (drum roll please...)

to buy songs on itunes again!!

What to buy you ask?

I don't know if its being back in Nash, or the evolution of country music, or my new friend Mark but...I'm buying some country...that is if you consider Darius Rucker and Taylor Swift 'country' Or my friend Hillary's (Lady Antebellum) new single. I'm also buying that Pink song b/c 1) i love a good catchy feminist rock anthem and 2) i just learned a really sweet hiphop dance to it at vandy on monday which i can bust out anywhere and surprise people by just how straightTHUG i can break. I'm also currently enjoying the Kings of Leon, lovebug (the only song) by the jonas brothers. Of course I'm going to finally catch up on some of my typical piano rock (Coldplay and my fave liberty band bosc). Ah, its just nice to refresh the old ipod. Don't you just hate it when you feel like you have nothing exciting to listen to? And with my new daily 40 minute 8 AM commute I need some decent music to get me through. Woody and Jim are just not cutting it.

1 comment:

Ashli said...

'Lovebug' is cute as pie.