05 September, 2008

That blog on God that I was supposed to write a few days ago...

I'm not going to add much commentary to the notes I've already taken because I'm starting to make myself late so I gotta go. :) Happy Friday people.

A few thoughts from my journal (written while I was overlooking the Gulf of Mexico):

What is my religion about?

I tend to live as if it is about me, about what God can do or wants to do through me.

My religion must be about worshipping a God who deserves to be worshipped.

Other things will fall into place if my religion is about God.

May I have worshipful moments daily.
Meditation on Truth will help me stay centered and peaceful.

The Heart of Worship is about recognizing the glory of the God who created the earth.

* * * *

A few notes from church at Midtown Fellowship last Sunday (sorry the organization is poor):

Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
-Mother Theresa

Phillipians 1

Love with abundance and discernment

Love growing in knowledge and discernment so that you can determine what really matters and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ

You can read scriptures 2 ways:

1) Asking what must I do?

2) Being in awe of what God has done

vs 11) filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God

If we are in Christ we have already been filled.

Right relationship with Christ isn’t about what I did but about what CHRIST did!

“Before we can break commandments 2-10 we have to break #1.” –Martin Luther

*Running to sin is not believing God’s overflowing unconditional love for me.

Christ is not just a model for how to do life. We have been changed by him—“No longer I but Christ in me!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"What is my religion about?"

What is RELIGION?

"Meditation on Truth will help me stay centered and peaceful."

What does it mean to meditate? What is Truth?

BEAUTIFUL questions you're asking...i love it.

You back in Nashville yet?