15 April, 2009

I wrote this in a bakery on Monday and now I'm typing it.

Monday February 13, 2009

Today I'm in the mood to write. But as I'm in the back of the Crumbs Bakery on 8th street--which is a full hour's ride away from my computer--I'm writing on the back of Central Casting's information form. They hire people to stand around in the background of shows and movies. I'd really like to do that at some point but in order to get hired you have to have 2 forms of government ID. And with 2 moves in 1 week and my belongings in 3 states well, needless to say who the heck knows where my social security card is.

The Big, big news:

Tomorrow I'm (FINALLY)moving into my new place! On (no less) than the 2 month anniversary of my arrival to the Big Apple. (!)

(*Can you imagine shacking up with friends and family for 2 months?! Ha. Who does that??)

I'm moving to the Upper East Side only a few blocks between Central Park and the East River. I've actually been paying rent on the place since yesterday but because of accumulating many hours of work at Anthropologie (thank goodness!) and auditions both far from where I'm staying (Astoria) and where I'm going (101st and Lex) my first opportunity to move is Tuesday-my day off!

In an hour I have to head down to work. This marks my 6th day in a row closing at Anthropologie. The store officially "closes" at 8 pm but would you believe every night I have left Anthro at the earliest 11 pm and at the latest 1 AM! When I get married I am delegating folding of the laundry to my husband. The end. I've done a lifetime's worth of folding already I think.

What else...

I think last week was my first week in NYC in which I wasn't plagued with some big life stress (how do I get around? is this safe? where am I gonna live? am I gonna stay? am I gonna go? ah, now what? should I go to grad school? should I drop this class? should I find a new job? why are my auditions sucking?)

Last week I just existed. I turned 24 and went to work and existed. It wasn't the best week of my life but it sure was a peaceful one and that. is. nice.

*Although, Tuesday night I had the immense pleasure of seeing South Pacific at Lincoln Center. EVERY MOMENT of the show reminded me why I'm so infatuated with music and acting.

Today I got to audition for Spiderman: Return to Dark which is being directed by Julie Taymour with music by Bono and the Edge. The audition went well and it's so nice to feel satisfied with what you did in the audition room. It was worth the 3 hour wait in below 40 degree windy weather.

Spring, wherefore art thou?

Addendum: I hope you discover an adventure in your own life and embark on it. Like my favorite Roosevelt said:

2 comments:

Ashli said...

Cheers to four walls and a door! And PEACE!

Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday, dear friend. I'm proud of you for following your dreams! You are such a role model for me! Miss you!