23 April, 2009

This Week's Top 10


Hello friends far and wide!

I have neglected on the updates this week which is totally lame but rest assured I have not updated because I've been busy LIVING things worth telling you about! I love that. Who wants to live a life where each day blends together into a bunch of days of forgettable-ness? Not I!

Since we've last chatted I:

1. Saw 9 to 5 on Broadway from the front row. Tons of thankyous to Uncle Mark and Bill for treating me to dinner and a show. Nights like that have made me fall in deeper love with this city.

2. Accidentally sat in on a q&a with THE Dolly Parton after the show. Since it was in previews the entire production team watches performances and takes notes. It's still in the tweaking stage. I'm so fascinated by that process and inspired by that lady. Talk about a legendary career! And to be more than just a pretty face. Or a pretty actress. But a pretty songwriter! I like that.

3. Met Kristin Chenoweth. Got completely inspired by her interview. Bought the book. She signed it. I read it in a week (which is UNHEARD OF for this ADD chica.) I'll be mentioning excerpts here and there soon. It was really the perfect book for me to read at this juncture. I loved hearing about her early days in NYC. She actually stayed in a 1 bedroom at one point that had bunkbeds. 4 people in one room! I'm living in a PENTHOUSE compared to that!

4. Chelsea came to visit! And did we do the town UP! We went to the Roxy on Friday morning where I made the mistake of ordering apple juice. Now there's nothing wrong with apple juice--but there is something wrong with paying SIX BUCKS for it. *That is why we don't dine in Times Square. Lesson learned.

5. Another lesson learned: when using fun bag Mom sent in the package in lieu of backpack put odds and ends of purse in something bigger that zips . That way we don't lose metro cards, starbucks cards, lipstick and blush. So annoying. But lesson learned.

6. I'm battling 2 bad food habits. 1) doublestuf Oreo's. I see them and I feel a strong draw to them. Must. ingest. 2) I have this new bad habit with the vending machine at work. If it's break time I think it's snacktime. It's like i'm in 9th grade PE again. It's like my bod is always in survival mode b/c I have weird work hours (usually 5-midnight) so I need to eat when I get the chance. I bought some nutrigrain bars so hopefully I will stop buying soda and kitkats. Or it's back to 9th grade roundface we go. (Let's not.)

7. Back to the Chelsea visit..SO FUN!! I had an absolute blast introducing Chelsea to metro transit (she hadn't yet experienced) and Brooklyn. We tore Anthropologie UP! Let's put it this way, with my discount we saved $400. (cough.)

8. We also ate like champions and saw Mary Poppins. MP was darling and made me tear up at the end. (without fail, people!) Shows always remind me that I need to be in them.

9. The big news on Sunday was the Corner Shop Cafe (we'll totally go there when you come visit. You ARE coming to visit, right? Preferably Tuesday-Thursday [low shopping days. ya know?]) and the purchase of my precious new little candy apple green ipod! I'm in love. Who knew that a door, a kristin chenoweth memoir and a little green pod could up my quality of life like a rocket to the moon?

10. (hmm..what is 10? i'm certain there is a 10...) I GOT IT! I met this Israeli guy the other night and he told me about THIS If you're not much of a link clicker I'll save you the rigameroll. He told me that since I'm "Jewish" (my mother is 100% Jew in the blood if you didn't know) that there is this organization that will PAY for me to take a 10 day trip to ISRAEL. No. Joke. So needless to say, I'm making arrangements.

2 comments:

LC² said...

LOVING this blog already...#6 made me laugh outloud. #10 is awesome...must do. P.S. I'm so jealous of your nomadic life in the city!

Unknown said...

This blog makes me miss you. And totally want to come visit! OMG! I would love to live in NYC! How fun!