24 April, 2009

OMGEE #11! What was i thinking?

How could I forget ELEVEN?!???

So Chelsea gets in a bit before I get off work. And of course the roomie (we'll just call her 'Annie' since that's her name) is out and about doing what New Yorkers do so poor Chelsea can't get into the apt upon her arrival. So I send her to the Starbucks 2 stops up from Anthro. It is by NYU's campus so it stays open til about 4 AM. Score! Now b/c my train ride to and fro the UES new pad and Anthro hasn't existed long enough for me to work all the kinks out I'm not completely positive on how to get to Chelsea. Uptown and midtown worst case scenario you just start following the numbers. But down in Soho (which stands for south of Houston--and Houston is the equivalent to 1st Street) we have no numbers so we've got problems. I think i've got my bearings and i'm walking the right way so just to be sure I ask random next guy that passes if I am indeed walking towards Broadway. We do the whole walk past then turn to face sort of but keep walking thing and the exchange goes like this:

Hil: "Hey, Broadway is this way right?"

Suddenly a ray of light beams upon his facial haired/black rimmed glasses/chiseled boyish featured face

Stranger man: "No it's (CUE SLOW MOTION)

Hil: Oh. My--you're Josh Hartnett! (with a tone of stunned disbelief)

Josh: that way." (points)

and then replies "Yeah." to my inquiry/declarative sentence.



I got to Chelsea about 15 minutes later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh noooooo way! how awesome. at least you basically kept your composure. :)

LC² said...

Wha???? You hit him up like paparazzi!

Anonymous said...

hil that is too cool!! i love reading your blog---soo glad you are living your DREAMSSS
love you
Mel

Hilary said...

haha LC this is actually a pic i found on google. But it's exactly what he looked like when i saw him! :)

Unknown said...

DUDE! I'm so jealous right now! LOL!