25 June, 2005

Colorado Update Part Dos.


(Continued from Previous Post)

Sunday was pretty chill. Went to church and such. Sunday night I went with a bunch of the people here to Baskin Robbins and to a lookout (pic on previous post btw and the one right next to this) that had a panoramic view of all of Colorado Springs. It was just go-gous. The whole time we were there I really wanted to burst out into song…but I only knew these cats for 2 weeks…didn’t want to freak em out…Anyway, this song was totally in my head the whole time:

How Great Is Our God
How Great Is Our God
How Great, How Great
Is Our God.

Monday Dr. Dobson was supposed to come do a Q&A with us for 30 minutes but he didn’t show due to “gastrointestinal problems.” Too much info Dr. D…
In class though Mike Haley talked to us about the ‘homosexual agenda’ here in the U.S. What was most eye-opening/what made the most sense of everything he said, was that by far the event that happened in the media that was most damaging to our generation and younger had nothing to do with gay people at all. It was the Britney Spears/Madonna kiss on the MTV awards last year. He pointed out how young girls are beginning to believe that in order to be attractive to the opposite sex they must be bisexual. How sad. Oh how I wish young women knew how much Jesus Christ loves them. Anyway, parents and future parents, this is a topic that definitely needs to be dialogued about…I fear the problem is only going to get worse…
Sidenote, beginning Monday and going through Tuesday or Wednesday I really began working some things out with God regarding trust and what I thought he had planned for my future. I realized that for the last couple years I have been jaded and distrustful because what I thought God would do in my life, He didn’t. It has been such a sweet, purifying time working that out with Him.

Tuesday night I had the privilege, along with my friend Josh, of leading the students, faculty and their families in a time of praise and worship. It was a really sweet and authentic time. I really do hope that I get to consistently keep doing that from time to time throughout my life. Oh btw that’s what the picture is from on the next post…Oh and after that, Amy, Jenny, Walker (Jenny’s out of town friend), Josh and Matt Cleaver (Josh’s out of town friend who we affectionately referred to as K//Klieve) went to Barnes to catch up on reading and ended up in this intense conversation with random guy from Huntsville, AL who is a huge advocate of nouthetic counseling, which is basically counseling that discounts all of psychiatry and uses the Bible as its only source. The conversation was interesting though the dude’s people skills were pretty bad. I felt like I was being preached to rather than interacting in a conversation. This guy totally hasn’t read “how to win friends and influence people”…obviously. In addition, I picked up a book while I was there by a man named Steve Farrar, you may know who he is b/c he’s spoken at some Promise Keepers rallies, and written about 10 books, apparently the big one was “Point Man.” I don’t know much about it, but my dad has read it…anyway, my friend Josh is his son, which is cool. His dad’s whole ministry has to do with teaching guys how to be godly men: sons, fathers, husbands, etc…Super cool. The book was really good too (what I read of it). It’s probably at your barnes and noble too…so you can go look under the ‘inspirational’ section for a book by a guy named Steve Farrar…whoot.

Wow…this is getting insanely long, I’ll try to be more concise about Wednesday and Thursday…

No comments: